It’s official: The New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys game marked the beginning of the 2012 NFL season. And nothing goes better with Sunday football than an ice cold New Planet Beer and some yummy gluten-free snacks! Put an easy gluten-free spin on classic game day snacks by following the recipes below.
Gluten-Free Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 5 oz frozen spinach, thawed, drained & chopped
- One 14-oz can gluten-free artichoke hearts (in water), drained & chopped
- 2 cups shredded gluten-free mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup gluten-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated & divided
- 16 ounces gluten-free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Gluten-free tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, spinach, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, garlic and pepper. Stir until thoroughly blended, then spoon mixture into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese, then bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Gluten-Free Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, cut at the joint, tips discarded
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash wing pieces, pat dry, and arrange in a single layer on baking sheet.
Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Remove ½ cup sauce and refrigerate to serve with wings. Brush wing pieces with some of remaining sauce before putting them in the oven to bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Baste them several times with remaining sauce.
Set wings under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp and brown. Serve warm with reserved sauce.
Recipes adapted from Glutenfreeda and Living Without.