0 0 GFBeer https://newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2012-01-23 21:10:122022-01-04 11:32:13Gluten-Free Mediterranean Pesto Pizza
Do you have any parties planned for the 2012 Super Bowl? The Gluten-Free Bistro shared one of their pizza favorites – perfect for game day. Pair it with any New Planet Beer and your guests will thank you for the touchdown!
- 1 10″ GF Bistro Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup fresh basil pesto (see recipe below) or store-bought
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 1tbs raw pine nuts (lightly toasted)
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Spread fresh pesto over entire pizza crust. Top with mozzarella cheese, both tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. Bake directly on middle rack for 13-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and crust is lightly browned and crispy. Slice and serve with fresh ground pepper.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup olive-oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
Combine the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pesto into a large serving bowl and mix in the grated cheese.