It’s our goal as a company, not only to bring our fans and fellow beer drinkers the best tasting array of gluten-free beers available, but also, to be a resource to our community.
There can be a lot of hesitation when starting a gluten-free diet. It’s incredible how many items contain gluten. It may seem a daunting task, but it doesn’t need to be. In fact there are plenty of grains and carbohydrates that are naturally gluten-free and most of them contain more nutrients compared to the ones with gluten!
Our favorite naturally gluten-free foods (part 1):
- Brown Rice – packed with essentials like manganese, fiber, essential fatty acids and fiber. It has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, and has been tied to weight loss.
- Quinoa – the Super Crop: loaded with protein, 9 essential amino acids and is a good source of magnesium, which can help reduce migraine headaches.
- Almonds – another high protein seed, almonds have been shown to lower LDL cholesterol, reducing likelihood of heart disease and weight gain.
- Millet – grown locally in Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming area, it is a non acid-forming food which means it’s easy to digest. Loaded with phosphorus, magnesium and manganese.
- Sorghum – The main ingredient in New Planet Beers! Is a popular substitute for flour and is full of protein.