0 0 GFBeer https://newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2012-03-21 10:26:502022-01-04 11:32:13Which Foods Contain Gluten?
- Grains: Gluten is found in barley, rye, wheat, and any mixture of these grains. Gluten-free grains include corn, millet, rice, wild rice and quinoa.
- Cereals: Any cereal that has barley malt and/or sweetener listed on its ingredients label contains gluten.
- Pastas: Avoid pastas that are made from wheat or semolina, both of which contain gluten.
- Baked Goods: Many breads, bagels, cookies, cakes, sandwich or hot dog buns, pizza crust, and other baked goods are prepared using wheat contain gluten.
- Pre-cooked or processed poultry or meat: Although meat and poultry are gluten-free in their natural state, gluten is usually added as these foods are prepared. Any time a food is breaded or fried, gluten is added. Also be wary of products like hot dogs, which sometimes utilize gluten as a binding agent.
- Sauces and soups: Avoid soups or sauces made with wheat-flour or ones that contain barley or pastas that aren’t gluten-free.
- Spices: Spices that contain wheat starch or wheat flour aren’t considered gluten-free.
- Products containing triticale: Triticale is a cross between rye and barley that contains gluten.
- Wheat starch: While most products contain corn starch, which is considered gluten-free, check a product’s label to make sure it doesn’t contain wheat starch, which contains gluten.
- Beer and other fermented beverages: Wheat and malted barley are commonly used in preparing beer and other fermented beverages. Gluten-free beers like New Planet Beer are an easy-to-locate, delicious alternative.
Next time you’re at the local grocery store, we hope that you keep this list in mind and reach for a gluten-free product! For a list of other products and ingredients containing gluten, visit Celiac.com.