http://www.newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/mussels.jpg 565 849 GFBeer https://newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2013-05-02 10:56:472022-01-04 11:32:12Belgian Beer Mussel’s, with Garlic & Ginger
Belgian Beer Mussel’s, with Garlic & Ginger
- 2 bottles of New Planet Beer – Belgian Ale (one to cook with, one to enjoy while cooking!)
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- Finely sliced green onion – 3 stalks – & chopped Italian parsley 1 tbs.
- 1-2 tsp Chopped garlic and 1tsp chopped ginger
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat large saucepan to medium-high heat with 1tbl spoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add cleaned mussels, with 1-2 tsp. chopped garlic & 1tsp. of chopped Ginger (fresh or paste)
- Place lid over pan and let steam for a few minutes, then add ½ – ¾ bottle of Belgian Ale, and put lid back on pan.
- Once the mussels are opening (as if to drink the yummy beer), turn heat off and let sit for a minute, adding the sliced green onions for added aroma and flavor.
- Serve in bowl and sprinkle chopped Parsley over served Mussels as the final touch.
Chorizo can be a great addition – fried separately and added in to the broth before serving
½ cup of buttermilk added to the broth creates a smooth and rich texture as well
Traditionally served with a side of fresh cut fries
Serves 3-4 people.