0 0 GFBeer https://newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2010-12-04 14:03:282022-01-04 11:32:14A Gluten-Free Halftime: Recipe 2
Make your football festivities gluten-free friendly. Gluten-free food + gluten-free beer = a good time! Here is one of our favorite recipes for finger eating football fun, provided by Gluten-Free Goddess.
Nachos Fabuloso Recipe
Your shopping list:
- 3 heaping cups organic blue corn tortilla chips
- 3 heaping cups organic yellow corn tortilla chips
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 4 oz. Cheddar or Jack cheese, shredded
- A big handful of organic sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos, or chopped mild green chiles
- Good chili powder or chipotle powder, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired
- Optional for carnivores- Add pieces of cooked chicken, turkey or grass fed ground beef.
Make it just right:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large roasting pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Layer the blue and yellow corn tortilla chips in the bottom of the lined pan; drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil [to be truly decadent a la Rocco, pour the chips into a bowl first, drizzle with olive oil, and toss well to coat evenly].
- Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese. Layer the tomatoes, jalapenos, and the remaining shredded cheese. Believe it or not, drizzle a little more olive oil all over the the nachos. Add a dusting of spice, to taste, and chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Bake for about seven to ten minutes, or so, until the cheese has melted and the nachos are happy and sizzling.
- Crack open some crisp and cold New Planet Gluten-Free Beer, and enjoy!