Gluten Free Super Bowl Snacks
Super Bowl Sunday is just a week away! Whether you’ll be rooting for the Ravens or the 49ers, you’ll need a little something tasty to keep your energy up as you and your friends shout at the screen. Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered with a few gluten-free Super Bowl snacks and recipes.
- Gluten-free tortilla chips (Frito Lay’s list of gluten-free products, which was updated on January 13, 2013, will give you a few options, or make your own!)
- 4 cups gluten-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can gluten-free black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup gluten-free sour cream
- 1 cup gluten-free guacamole
- 1 small can of black olives, sliced
- 1-2 cups of chicken, pre-cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread the chips out in a pan, then cover them with shredded chicken, black beans, black olives, green onion, jalapeno pepper, and cheese. Bake until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven and top with sour cream and guacamole. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
Here are some more suggestions for great gluten-free Super Bowl snacks:
- Gluten-free chicken wings are a staple at Super Bowl Sunday parties.
- Fresh fruit or vegetable trays add something healthy to the spread.
- Who doesn’t love gluten-free pizza? If you’re feeling creative, work the dough into a football shape or using topping to write out the name of the team your supporting in the big game.
- Pair some hummus, guacamole, or spinach and artichoke dip with some crunchy gluten-free chips for an appetizer that’s easy to throw together.
Don’t forget to pick up a few packs of your favorite flavor of New Planet Beer, and have a fun Super Bowl Sunday!