What would Thanksgiving dinner be without stuffing? No one should EVER have to answer that question. We found a recipe for a killer stuffing, and amazingly enough, it’s gluten-free! Pair it with a juicy slice of gluten-free turkey, a bottle of New Planet Beer’s 3R Raspbeery Ale, and a table of family and friends for a Thanksgiving you’ll always remember.
Gluten Free Stuffing
- 6 cups gluten-free bread cubes (buy it already made or make it using Jules Gluten Free™ Bread Mix)
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup ± gluten-free vegetable broth (Swanson® Canned Vegetable Broth and Imagine Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth are currently gluten-free)
Preheat oven to 300º F. Cube bread slices, then spread in a single layer onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cubes are dry.
In a large skillet, melt butter, then add carrots, celery and onion until tender. Add salt, pepper, and spices. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix dried bread cubes, apple, nuts, dried cranberries and flaxseed. Add carrot-onion mixture to the large bowl and stir well. Pour entire contents into a large baking dish with a lid. Pour vegetable broth over mixture and stir, adding more broth as necessary to make the stuffing moist. Cover and bake at 375º F for approximately 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Jules Gluten Free™.