A great time was had by all at this weekends CDF Expo in Los Angeles. The star of the weekend was our Raspberry “BeerMosas”, so we thought we would post the “recipe.”
So here you go:
Take one bottle of nicely chilled New Planet Raspberry Ale and pour into wine glass, then add 1oz of freshly squeezed orange juice. Sip & Enjoy!
Best served at brunch, but makes a wonderful breakfast beer. 🙂
Even the L.A.Times dropped by. Read the article HERE
Find our Raspberry Ale near you by clicking HERE.
- 2 bottles of New Planet Beer – Belgian Ale (one to cook with, one to enjoy while cooking!)
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- Finely sliced green onion – 3 stalks – & chopped Italian parsley 1 tbs.
- 1-2 tsp Chopped garlic and 1tsp chopped ginger
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat large saucepan to medium-high heat with 1tbl spoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add cleaned mussels, with 1-2 tsp. chopped garlic & 1tsp. of chopped Ginger (fresh or paste)
- Place lid over pan and let steam for a few minutes, then add ½ – ¾ bottle of Belgian Ale, and put lid back on pan.
- Once the mussels are opening (as if to drink the yummy beer), turn heat off and let sit for a minute, adding the sliced green onions for added aroma and flavor.
- Serve in bowl and sprinkle chopped Parsley over served Mussels as the final touch.
Chorizo can be a great addition – fried separately and added in to the broth before serving
½ cup of buttermilk added to the broth creates a smooth and rich texture as well
Traditionally served with a side of fresh cut fries
Serves 3-4 people.