0 0 GFBeer https://newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2011-05-09 21:50:232022-01-04 11:32:13New Planet Gluten-Free Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp
New Planet Gluten-Free Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp
Thanks to our friends at The Gluten Free Bistro for creating a tasty Gluten-Free Battered Coconut Shrimp Recipe made with New Planet Beer. Best served with an ice cold Tread Lightly Ale, 3R Raspberry Ale or Off Grid Pale Ale on the side.
- 24-28 Large shrimp, peeled and deveined (or bite-sized chicken breast pieces)
- 1/2 cup Bistro Blend gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cups Tread Lightly Ale
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or slightly more to taste)
- 2 cups medium shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Coconut or Canola Oil for frying (enough for shrimp to be just covered in a Dutch oven or other deep pot)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce)
- Mix marmalade, mustard, honey, and hot sauce in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Mix coconut and sugar in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, gluten free flour, gluten free beer, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Dredge each shrimp in the beer-batter mixture, then the coconut. Place dredged shrimp on parchment paper on large plate or cookie sheet and chill in refrigerator for 30 min to 45 min.
- Heat enough oil to allow shrimp to be covered in a deep pot. Then place shrimp in oil, 5 to 8 at a time, for 3 minutes, or until dark golden.
- Using tongs to remove, drain shrimp on paper towel.
- Serve with prepared dipping sauce.