0 0 GFBeer https://newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2012-03-07 09:34:272022-01-04 11:32:1310 Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day + Win Swag!
10 Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day + Win Swag!
Are you as excited for March 17th as we are? To honor St. Patrick’s Day, New Planet Beer is giving away swag to help you celebrate! To enter to win a New Planet Beer T-shirt, pint glass or bottle opener, comment below with how you plan on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year.
Not sure how you’re celebrating, yet? Here are 10 suggestions to help you celebrate the fun Irish Holiday:
- Have a Green Feast. Add green food coloring to bread dough, a New Planet Beer, milk, or other parts of your meal. You can also supplement green foods as part of the meal, such pasta with pesto sauce or salad. Then, enjoy a festive dessert of shamrock cookies or cupcakes with green frosting – all gluten-free of course!
- Wear Green. Looking for a way to show your Irish pride? Wear a St. Patrick’s Day t-shirt, or if you’d rather take a more subtle approach, wear a green shirt, tie, scarf, or accessory with a funny Irish saying on it. The options are endless!
- Listen to Irish music. Use your favorite search engine to search for radio stations that play Irish or Celtic music. Visit their sites to listen live and sing along. Or, look up the lyrics to popular Irish folk songs.
- Attend a St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Many cities hold parades in honor of St. Patrick’s Day! Watch your local news station or check the newspaper to find out if and when a parade is being held in your city. Or, check out this list of St. Patrick’s Day parades that are taking place worldwide.
- Eat Irish food. Go to a restaurant that serves traditional Irish cuisine like corned beef, cabbage, bangers and mash, lamb stew, and potatoes, or prepare the food yourself by looking up recipes online.
- Take step dancing lessons. Search online for Irish step dancing classes being offered in your city, or check with a local Irish-American organization to find out where classes are offered.
- Watch a movie. Pick up some New Planet Beer and invite your friends over to watch a movie that’s set in Ireland or is Irish-themed. Some popular suggestions include Michael Collins, In America, Once, The Field and Intermission.
- Irish Quiz. Test your Irish trivia by taking a quiz like the one found on http://www.irishtrivia.com/. You can also put together your own quiz to test your friends’ knowledge by looking up facts about Irish culture, tradition, and history, then writing out questions.
- Throw an Irish-themed party. Serve green food and beverages, quiz each other on Irish history and culture, or celebrate with a glass of whiskey.
- Do a New Planet Beer pub crawl. Create your own gluten-free pub crawl by visiting our beer locator and map out the restaurants and pubs that serve New Planet Beer in your area.
Don’t forget to enter to win New Planet Beer swag by commenting below with how you plan on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year. Three winners will be randomly selected and contacted by email on March 16th by 5pm MST. Good luck!
Have a happy St. Patrick’s Day!