0 0 GFBeer https://newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2012-01-16 16:29:222012-01-16 16:29:22Stay Warm This Winter with Gluten-Free Chili
Two Bean Beef Crock Pot Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cans precooked beans, drained
- 3 to 4 cans diced canned tomatoes with liquid (or plain tomato sauce, or mixture of both)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cumin, approximately 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Chili powder to taste, approximately 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- Garlic powder to taste
- Garlic salt, optional
- Cayenne pepper, approximately 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, cook onions in olive oil until softened; add to crock pot. Please note that it’s important to cook down onions before adding in tomatoes, which could hamper cooking.
- Add in all other ingredients, then break beef up with spoon. Cook on medium-high for 4 to 6 hours or until beef is cooked thoroughly. Stir every so often. Makes approximately 8-12 servings.
Adapted from Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog.
Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili
- 2/3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 onions, chopped
- 2/3 clove garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 lb turkey breast, ground
- 1/3 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/6 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 oz green chilis, chopped
- 9 2/3 oz petite tomatoes, diced
- 5 oz kidney beans with liquid
- 5 1/6 oz white hominy, drained
- 2 2/3 oz canned tomatoes, sauce
- 1/3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/3 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/3 tsp garlic salt
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add in turkey, then stir until crumbly and no longer pink.
- Add in butternut squash, chicken broth, tomatoes, green chilies, tomato sauce, hominy and kidney beans, then season with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and allow chili to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until squash is tender. Makes approximately 4 servings.
Adapted from Yummly.