The Celiac Disease Foundation declared May as National Celiac Disease Awareness Month. Learn what it means to have a gluten allergy and the effects that gluten can have on one’s health. New Planet Beer is dedicated to providing guaranteed gluten-free beer with a great taste that everyone can enjoy.
Know the Gluten-Free Facts
- Gluten is the common name for the proteins in specific grains that are harmful to some persons experiencing celiac disease and gluten sensitivities.
- These proteins are found in ALL forms of wheat (including durum, semolina, spelt, kamut, einkorn and faro) and related grains rye, barley and triticale and MUST be eliminated.
- The incidence of celiac disease is rising sharply with 1 in 133 Americans being diagnosed. Experts think as many as 1 in 20 Americans may have gluten sensitivity.
- A few common symptoms caused by celiac disease or gluten sensitivities are: abdominal cramping, bloating, fatigue, migraine headaches, depression and hair loss. There are many possible symptoms, so check with your doctor.
- A gluten-free diet is the recommended treatment for celiac disease or gluten sensitivities.
- New Planet Beer is made from 100% gluten-free ingredients: Sorghum, Corn, Hops and Yeast. With one beer made with brown rice instead of corn for those who also have corn allergies.
- Every batch is tested in a lab to guarantee 100% gluten-free beer.
- Our brewing facility takes extra cleaning measures to eliminate cross contamination.
- New Planet Beer delivers a great taste without sacrificing natural ingredients and alcohol content.
- New Planet Beer gives a portion of proceeds to environmental programs that support sustainable living.
- New Planet Beer makes a gluten-free beer for every style of beer drinker: Enjoy a light flavor, fruity flavor or a beer with a little extra hop.